- Rugged Chassis for Mobile Military Applications
- Five (5) Standard VME64x Slots
- Compact and Lightweight VME enclosure
- Environmentally Sealed
- Internally conduction-cooled/externally air-cooled
- MIL-C-38999 or better front connectors
- Complete EMI/RFI Filtering
- Up to -46C to +60C operating range
FIVE (5) SLOT 1/2-ATR LIGHTWEIGHT ENVIRONMENTALLY SEALED VME ENCLOSURE
Aitech's E103 convection-cooled VME computer enclosure is built to be rugged and reliable as well as lightweight and compact. EMI/RFI protected and environmentally sealed, the E103 is capable of withstanding extreme environmental conditions of altitude, temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, EMI and chemical exposure. This makes it ideal for use in all military environments.
STURDY MECHANICAL DESIGN
The E103 is constructed of durable CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminium. Fasteners are stainless steel and often-used threads have self-locking stainless steel helicoils to withstand severe vibration and shock. All connectors are located on the front panel of the enclosure for easy access. Side and back walls are externally finned for radiation and convection-cooling. Designed with a built-in handle, the E103 is also equipped with hooks and mounting holes to facilitate installation in standard 1/2-ATR short mounting trays.
The E103 accommodates 5 standard VME boards with 0.8-inch pitch, including:
• IEEE 1101.2 conduction-cooled VME cards
• Commercial VME boards without front panels
The backplane is VME64x compliant with 160-pin, 5-row J1/J2 connectors and 95-pin PO connectors in all slots. Any of the pins in rows A and C, and user-defined pins in rows Z and D of the J2 connectors, as well as the 95 I/O pins from each of the P0 connectors (up to a maximum of 512), can be routed to front panel I/O connectors.