- COM Express eval board in ATX form factor
- 4x PCIe x1, 1x PCIe x4 lanes, 1x PCIe x8 lanes
- 1x PCIe x16 lanes
- 4x 10 GbE KR (SFP+), 1x GbE RJ45
- Uses ATX power supply
Kontron COMe Eval. Carrier T7
COM Express™ Type 7 Baseboard for COM Express® Basic/Compact Form Factors
Kontron also offers a carrier reference design to customers (available on request) - further reducing development costs, design time and ensuring a faster time-to-market for individual products.
Two interposer cards are available for use with this carrier. This carrier has no Ethernet PHY - this means that it can do 10GBASE-KR (backplane Ethernet, which means a chip to chip connection) or 10G-SPI native (phyless).
If a customer wants to use 10GBASE-T or 10G-SFI with PHY, then an interposer card is required.
- Interposer A10G: The A10G is equipped with four 10G ports for 10GBASE-T as described in the type 6 standard. 10GBASE-T is for 10GBit/s connection over twisted pair cards, using RJ-45 connectors and supports up to 100m distance. It has an Intel X557 PHY onboard. The RJ045 connectors are on this interposer card (the 10G Ethernet signals do not reach the eval carrier).
- Interposer A10S: The A10S is equipped with two SFI interfaces over an Inphi PHY. Can be used with optical SFP+ modules using fibre cables or direct-attached twin axial copper cables.The 10G signals are routed to two of the SFP+ cages on the carrier (note that the other two are not routed and cannot be used).