Land and Joint
Embedded computing solutions deployed with troops on the ground, in land vehicles or in joint roles, need to be rugged and reliable, often in harsh environments. New projects call for lower latency, higher bandwidths, greater connectivity and higher performance than ever before, but the environment and standards needed have not changed.
Technologies for land use and joint roles includes GPGPU solutions, PPC and x86 rugged computing, Rugged Managed Ethernet Switches, COMexpress, VPX and CPCI solutions including VITA 62 compliant power supplies and extended temperature range, highly shock and vibration resistant peripherals, memory and storage devices.
Recab UK has designed in-house and supplied many different types of solution to defence prime and sub contractors. Our market leading suppliers are involved in industry initiatives like SOSA and GVA. Recab UK is a member of ADS Group and approved supplier to many leading integrators already. Recab UK has JOSCAR level 2 approval and maintains UK Cyber Essentials compliance.
Product design and realisation services, based at our Rochester, Kent offices, with opportunities for assembly & test, functional testing, extended temperature testing and conformal coating.
Detailed traceability, managed obsolescence, documentation, product safety and approvals testing and certification. We can also offer logistics support and extended warranty.
Moving from legacy architectures like PC/104 or VME to newer, more future-proof solutions using COM or VPX
Aitech GPGPU for rugged computers
- Backplane systems, using VPX, VME or CPCI, combining computing with IO and VITA 62 compliant PSU, as well as specialist memory, IO and communications boards
- Modular SWaP optimised systems, using COMe processors with devices like FPGA, to be used in man-portable or vehicle mounted applications
- GPGPU solutions with NVIDIA Jetson modules, for small form factor and highly rugged applications, many with combined DAQ and Analog/Digital IO
- Rugged, extended temperature range Ethernet Switches with L2/L3 managed options
- Graphics processor modules and computing boards, ideal for building rugged military display units
- Multi-node computers with integrated redundant switches and power supplies, for virtualised workflow environments such as VMWare or Docker
- Very high shock and vibration resistant memory solutions
- Trimble GPS/GNSS and precision timing devices, widely used in defence applications