Based near the historic dockyard in Chatham, Recab UK has a proud history in solutions for maritime use. Our sister company Recab AB has also got many successful projects and hundreds of systems deployed across the Nordic countries.
Embedded computing solutions deployed on or under the sea, need to be rugged, safe and reliable. New projects call for lower latency, higher bandwidths, greater connectivity and higher performance than ever before, but the environment and standards needed have not become less arduous to meet.
Technologies for maritime include x86, PPC and ARM rugged computing, Rugged Managed Ethernet Switches, VPX, CPCI and VME solutions including VITA 62 compliant power supplies. Enclosures and boards designed for extended temperature, conduction cooled or air-cooled applications with conformal coating. Certifications expertise includes IEC60945, DNV, TEMPEST.
Recab UK has designed in-house and supplied many different types of solution to defence prime and sub contractors. Our market leading suppliers are involved in industry initiatives world-wide. Recab UK is a member of ADS Group and approved supplier to many leading integrators already. Recab UK has JOSCAR level 2 approval and maintains UK Cyber Essentials compliance.
Product design and realisation services, based at our Rochester, Kent offices, with opportunities for assembly & test, functional testing, extended temperature testing and conformal coating.
Detailed traceability, managed obsolescence, documentation, product safety and approvals testing and certification. We can also offer logistics support and extended warranty.
Meeting thermal, IO and power challenges in new architectures, such as VPX, utilising our mechanical and electrical design expertise to minimise cables, optimise thermal modelling, power budgets and EMI/RF shielding and filtering
Aitech GPGPU for rugged computers
- Backplane systems, including bespoke form factors, using VPX, VME or CPCI, combining computing with IO and VITA 62 compliant PSU, as well as specialist memory, IO and communications boards
- Modular, environmentally sealed SWaP optimised systems, using COMe processors with devices like FPGA, with MIL-38999 connectors
- GPGPU solutions with NVIDIA Jetson modules, for small form factor and highly rugged applications, many with combined DAQ and Analog/Digital IO
- Rugged, extended temperature range L2/L3 managed Ethernet Switches with sealed connectors
- Graphics processor modules and computing boards, for building cockpit and cabin display units
- Multi-node computers with integrated redundant switches and power supplies, for virtualised workflow environments such as VMWare or Docker
- Very high shock and vibration resistant memory solutions, such as XR-DIMM
- Boards, modules and Box PC systems designed for marine use, IEC 60945 and DNV Certified