This list provides a representative sample of the functions available with Universal Driver 7.0. The exact list of supported features for each board depends on that board’s available features. Check your board's Universal Driver User manual for details.
- Analogue input, single-channel
- Analogue input, multi-channel scan
- Analogue input, high-speed single/multi-channel with interrupts
- Analogue input, high-speed multi-channel scans with interrupts
- Analogue output single channel
- Analogue output, multi-channel with simultaneous update
- Analogue waveform generator, multi-channel
- Digital I/O, bit/byte functions
- Counter rate generator
- Counting functions
- Counter-driven interrupts
- Pulse width modulator
Unmatched Power and Flexibility for Embedded Data Acquisition Programming
- Windows 7, Windows 10* and Linux compatibility
- Support for Diamond’s newest SBCs and I/O boards, including PCIe MiniCards
- Installer program for easy detection and configuration of boards
- Graphical control panel software runs on Windows and Linux for an instant, easy control of all I/O features
* some older products are not currently supported under Windows 10.
Universal Driver 7.0 provides flexible C-language programming support for all features on Diamond Systems' data acquisition modules, including single-board computers with integrated data acquisition. Support is included for running multiple boards at once, even multiple boards of the same type. 7.0 includes an installer for Windows to make installation and board resource configuration easier than ever.
Universal Driver 7.0 includes a package of ready to run demo programs for each board. These programs illustrate how to use the driver to perform the most popular data acquisition tasks. Ready-to-run executables, along with source code and makefiles, are provided to simplify your programming effort.
Boards with autocalibration benefit from Universal Driver 7.0's built-in functions to control the calibration process, ensuring accurate measurements at all times in your application.
Graphical Control Panel Software
Universal Driver 7.0 includes graphical control panels for all of Diamond's newest SBC and I/O boards, including Vega COM-based SBC and our PCIe MiniCards. These control panels offer quick and easy access to all I/O features on the boards, enabling you to get instant verification of your system's operational status as well as to start to prototype your real-world application.