- Intel "Whiskey Lake" 8th Gen Core i7-2133MHz processor module
- 16-32GB DDR4 RAM (WL SBC model)
- 2x HDMI display support
- Dual-channel 24-bit LVDS port with 3.3V / 5V power option
- 2x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet ports; 1 from COM module, 1 from I210 Ethernet controller via dedicated PCIe lane
- 4x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0
- HDA audio
- 8 programmable direction digital I/O, 3.3V logic compatible
- PCI/104-Express expansion socket (PCI-104 + PCIe/104 Type 1)
- PCI-104 socket supports up to 4 attached PCI-104 modules
- PCIe/104 socket supports up to 4x PCIe x1 and 1x PCIE x16 depending on installed COM
- 1 PCIe minicard socket with optional USB support
- 1 M.2 2242 SATA socket
- 1 SATA connector
- TPM 2.0 via SPI interface
- Baseboard and WL SBC: -40°C to +85°C operating temperature
Diamond Systems Gemini
Rugged, I/O-Rich SBC and Carrier Board for COM Express Compact Type 6 CPU Modules
GEMINI is a COM Express Compact type 6 carrier board and SBC with PCI/104-Express I/O expansion. Feature-rich GEMINI offers the highest performance in a compact 4.0 x 4.0' / 102 x 102mm size, with its combination of COM Express CPU module and full support for PCIe/104 type 1 connectivity (PCI-104 up to 4 modules, PCIe-104 x1 up to 4 modules, and PCIe/104 x16). Gemini is designed to support a variety of COM Express modules including Bay Trail, Apollo Lake to Core i7 8th generation and Xeon.
Gemini as a complete SBC features the 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8665UE "Whiskey Lake" processor with choice of 16GB or 32GB SODIMM memory and -40 to +85°C operation.
GEMINI as a carrier board provides flexibility in choosing your preferred COM from among dozens of manufacturers around the world. The Gemini carrier offers early access to the latest generation of x86 processors as well as longer product lifecycles by virtue of processor independence.
The COM Express module mounts on the bottom side of the board, with a heat spreader below it serving as a mounting platform and thermal solution. The PCI/104-Express, minicard, and M.2 expansion sockets are on the top side.
The board size maximizes PCB coastline for I/O connectors in the smallest feasible size for the feature set. The combination of latching I/O connectors and a thicker PCB offers superior resistance to shock and vibration.
Gemini offers several options for mass storage. An M.2 2242 socket supports SSD up to 512GB using SLC, MLC, and TLC technology. A SATA connector can be used to connect to an external SSD.
Windows 10 64-bit and Ubuntu Linux 64-bit OS support is available.
Gemini is designed to support a wide range of COM Express Type 6 Compact (95x95mm) modules. The standard configuration works with Core i7 and Xeon processors, enabling maximum utilization of the PCI Express lanes on the modules. With a Xeon COM installed, Gemini provides access to the PCIe x16 lanes on the PCIe/104 connector banks 2 and 3, supporting the use of high end graphics and networking expansion modules.