- PC/104 with Vortex86DX3 CPU & DAQ
- 1GHz dual core Vortex86DX3 CPU
- 1GB or 2GB of soldered DDR3 DRAM
- 1 10/100, 1 GbE, SATA, 6 USB2, 4 COM, miniPCIe
- 16 16-bit analog inputs, 4 16-bit analog outputs
- 27 digital I/O lines, 8 counter/timers, 4 PWMs
- VGA and dual channel LVDS graphics
- -40 to +85°C full operating range
DIAMOND SYSTEMS HELIX
DUAL CORE 1GHZ CPU, UP TO 2GB DDR3 SOLDERED, 5V POWERED, 1X 10/100 LAN, 1 GBE LAN, MINIPCI-E & USB2
Diamond System's family of Helix PC/104 single board computers (SBCs) combines mid-range CPU performance, standard PC I/O, and on-board data acquisition circuitry at a competitive price. Helix features the fanless dual core 1GHz Vortex DX3 processor from DMP, which offers excellent performance per watt efficiency and includes 1GB or 2GB of soldered DDR3 memory. Available PC I/O include 6 USB 2.0, 4 serial ports (2 RS-232/422/485 and 2 RS-232), 1 10/100Mbps Ethernet, 1 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet (DAQ version only) and standard SATA port. The data acquisition circuit includes 20 16-bit analog inputs, 4 16-bit analog outputs and 27 digital I/O lines configurable as counter/timers and pulse width modulators.
The Helix embedded SBC supports stackable I/O expansion with PC/104 I/O modules and provides a PCIe MiniCard socket for additional I/O expansion. I/O modules featuring WiFi, Ethernet, analog I/O, digital I/O, and CAN are available in the PCIe MiniCard form factor, providing compact expandability without increasing the total height of the system.
Helix SBCs run Linux and Windows Embedded Standard 7. Both Linux and Windows Embedded 7 Software Development Kits are available with bootable images and drivers to get you started on your design project right out of the box.
The Helix SBC was designed with rugged/industrial applications in mind. With an operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C, soldered on-board memory, and thicker PCB, Helix is an excellent choice for vehicle and other harsh environment applications.
INTEGRATED DATA ACQUISITION
Helix includes a complete autocalibrating jumper-less analog and digital I/O circuit similar to Diamond Systems' top-of-the-line PC/104 analog I/O boards. It contains 16 analog inputs with 16-bit resolution and 100KHz sample rate, backed by a 2048 sample FIFO with programmable threshold. Programmable input ranges from a wide-range +/-10V down to 0-5V are provided. The analog circuitry also includes 4 D/A channels with 16-bit resolution and jumperless output range selection and simultaneous update capability. On the digital side, Helix provides 27 digital I/O lines with programmable direction, as well as eight counter/timers for A/D sample rate control, pulse counting, frequency generation, or other applications. The board also features four 24-bit pulse width modulators. The data acquisition circuit is fully supported by Diamond System's Universal Driver software for a wide range of operating systems.
The following customization options are available for the Helix SBC family. Some of these options are mutually exclusive and minimum order quantities apply.
- 2GB on-board RAM instead of 1GB D model (2GB standard on A model)
- Additional Gigabit Ethernet port on D model
- 1 CANbus 2.0 port
- mSATA interface shared with PCIe MiniCard socket
- +8-32V 50W DC/DC wide voltage power input
- Latching connectors instead of pin headers
- Replace configuration jumpers with 0 ohm resistors
- Conformal coating
- Custom BIOS & custom FPGA code
HELIX CABLE KIT
The Helix cable kit includes cables for Helix input and output. Many cables are also available individually.
- 1 1x 6980511 Battery cable
- 2 1x 6980512 Power input cabl
- 3 2x 6980515 Digital I/O and Analog I/O cables
- 4 2x 6981075 Serial cable
- 5 1x 6981076 Audio cable
- 6 1x 6981080 Gigabit Ethernet cable
- 7 2x 6981082 USB 2.0 cable
- 8 1x 6981083 PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse cable
- 9 1x 6981084 VGA cable
- 10 1x 6981161 10/100Base-T Ethernet cable
- 11 1x 6981169 Utility cable
- 12 1x 6989101 SATA cable
TRANSITION CABLES OR PC-STYLE CONNECTORS
All I/O on Helix is made available on 2mm pitch pin headers for use with low-cost cables.