- 3.5 SBC with 6th Gen Intel Core
- i7-6600U 2.6GHz / i5-6300U 2.4GHz
- 4GB soldered DDR4 +SODIMM DRAM
- 2 GigE, 2 SATA, 1 mSATA, 10 USB, 4 COM
- 16 GPIO, audio, CSI camera serial interface
- +9 to 18VDC input voltage
- OneBank-Plus PCIe/104 + PCI-104
- -40 to +85°C operating range
Diamond Systems Venus
2.4/2.6GHz Dual core CPU, 4GB DDR4 Soldered (+ SODIMM), PCIe/104 and PCI-104
Based on the "Skylake" or “Kaby Lake” 6th and 7th generation processors, Venus offers the highest available CPU performance in a small form factor rugged SBC with modest power consumption. It incorporates a full suite of rugged features such as soldered memory, latching connectors, a thicker PCB, and true -40/+85ºC operating temperature, making it suitable for the most demanding vehicle applications. High I/O density, multiple expansion sockets, rugged design, modest power consumption of 14W, and wide temperature operation combine to make Venus an extremely attractive option for applications requiring high CPU performance or ruggedness.
Venus is available with a choice of Intel "Skylake U" 6th generation Core i7 or i5 processors. Enabled by Intel’s Hyper-Threading technology, the Skylake 6th generation core processors provide users with faster computing power and aid in multitasking and multimedia tasks. Additionally, the larger cache (onboard memory) size available on these processors helps with repetitive tasks that can impact processor speed. The U series provides the full processor circuit in a single package for space savings and keeps power consumption down to a modest 14 watts for the entire board (not including attached peripherals).
- "Skylake U" i7-6600U 2.6GHz / i5-6300U 2.4GHz, 2 cores 4 threads
- “Kaby Lake” i7-7660U 2.8GHz
- Up to 20GB: 4GB memory down + socket for 4/8/16GB DDR4-2133 SODIMM / RSODIMM
- 3 independent displays: HDMI, VGA, and LVDS, max resolution 4096x 2304
- 4x 2.0 USB on latching connectors
- 4x 3.0 USB using Intel standard pin headers
- 4x multi-protocol serial RS-232/422/485
- 3 SATA interfaces: SATA DOM; Standard SATA connector mSATA supported in one MiniCard socket
- TPM Module
- "3.5 inch" form factor: 5.75" x 4.0" / 146 x 102mm
- Board expansion option over OneBank PCIe/104 and PCI-104 connector
- -40° to +85C° target range
Venus supports 3 simultaneous independent displays, VGA, HDMI, and dual-channel LVDS LCD. The HDMI port is capable of 4K screen resolution. Mass storage options include SATA DOM, mSATA, and a connector for an external SATA drive (all ports are SATA III capable). Diamond offers a series of MLC and SLC mSATA and SATA DOM modules with wide temperature qualification for use with Venus.
WIDE RANGE OF I/O
The 3.5-inch form factor enables Venus to include an impressive range of I/O features on a single board while retaining a small form factor profile. Connectivity includes 4 RS-232/422/485 serial ports, 6 USB ports (4 are USB 3.0 capable), dual gigabit Ethernet ports, and 16 digital I/O lines.
The 4 serial ports support RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 protocols. Protocol selection as well as all other configurations are fully software programmable and may be configured in the BIOS for convenience or controlled via an application program. For RS-422 and RS-485, line termination resistors are also provided and are programmable.
Venus is available in three models, the higher-performing models (VNS766-4GD and VNS766KL-4GD) with the Intel i7 6th Generation Core Processor, and the last with the Intel i5 6th Generation Core Processor.
Model Processor /Speed Memory
- VNS766KL-4GD: Intel® Core™ i7 7660U/2.8GHz, 4GB DDR4
- VNS766-4GD Intel® Core™ i7 6600U/2.6GHz, 4GB DDR4
- VNS563-4GD Intel® Core™ i5 6300U/2.4GHz, 4GB DDR4
Venus is available in a complete development kit that includes a full set of I/O cables and a SATA Disk-on-Module SATA DOM) with your choice of operating system pre-installed. Available operating systems are Linux (Ubuntu 16.04), Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Other OS support is available by consultation. For customers who already have a Venus SBC or who have multiple boards, the programmed SATA DOM is also available for individual purchase.
VENUS CABLE KIT
The Venus cable kit, CK-VNS-05, includes cables for all I/O connectors.
CK-VNS-05 with an HDMI cable
|1||1||6980514||Cable, Utility, 2x6 2mm IDC Socket|
|2||1||6980517||Cable, GHDR-20V-S to DB-37F|
|3||1||6980507||Cable, VGA, 1.25mm Con DE15 Female|
|4||1||6980508||Cable, Audio, 1.25mm 2X 3.5mm|
|5||1||6989101||Cable, SATA, 7P,1.27mm|
|6||1||6980513||Cable, Dual Ethernet, 2x10 1.25mm|
|7||2||6980500||Cable 1.25mm to 2x DV9M Serial|
|8||2||TBC||Cable, Dual USB3.0, 2mm 2x10|
|9||1||6980503||Cable, 2xUSB 2.0, 1.25 Con|
|10||1||6980511||Cable Battery Hdr 1.25mm|
|11||1||6980512||Cable Power, 2x4 0.1" Latching|
|12||1||6980519||Cable, HDMI, 2x10 1.25mm|