- Lassen iQ/Lassen SQ replacement
- Replace EOL parts with current technology
- Avoid costly redesign
- Supports TSIP, TAIP and NMEA protocols
- GNSS option
- -40 to +85°C temperature operation
Naelcom Lassen iQ/SQ Clone
REPLACE LEGACY TRIMBLE LASSEN IQ AND LASSEN SQ MODULES
NLC-iQ is a GPS receiver based upon the popular Trimble Copernicus II surface-mount receiver. It has been designed to be a fit/form replacement for the end of life Trimble Lassen iQ and Lassen SQ modules.
Mechanical - The NLC-iQ has the same mechanical dimensions as the Lassen iQ and SQ. It has the same 8 pin data connector as the Lassen iQ/SQ and has the same antenna connector (both located in the exact same locations as found on the iQ and SQ). The only thing that it doesn't have is the metal shield. As you can see in the picture above, the board has four pins which are a substitute for the solder tabs which the metal shield has. The Copernicus II does not require a metal shield.
GPS Protocol - The Lassen iQ supported Trimble's TSIP (Trimble's own binary based protocol), NMEA (industry-standard ASCII protocol) and TAIP (Trimble's own ACSII protocol). The Copernicus II supports all of these protocols.
Serial Interface - the Copernicus II has one limitation which is that the serial port parity is not configurable (only 'NO' parity is supported). Trimble's Lassen iQ and SQ supported ODD, EVEN and NO parity with a default of ODD parity. This default setting might affect compatibility for some customers.
Performance: The Copernicus II is a far superior product to the SQ and iQ. It supports more concurrent satellite tracking, faster startup and is much more sensitive.
WHAT IT REPLACES:
This module can replace all released Lassen iQ / Lassen SQ modules including:
- Trimble 46240-00 Lassen SQ (Non-RoHS)*
- Trimble 46240-05 Lassen SQ (RoHS)*
- Trimble 46240-10 Lassen iQ (Non-RoHS)
- Trimble 46240-20 Lassen iQ (Non-RoHS)
- Trimble 46240-25 Lassen iQ (RoHS)
* Lassen SQ compatibility depends on how the unused pins are connected.