Trimble Aardvark DR + GPS
When GPS Alone is Just Not Good Enough
The Trimble® Aardvark DR+GPS combines dead reckoning (DR) with GPS to produce accurate and instantaneous positions, even under the most difficult conditions. For service providers tracking high-value or perishable cargo, Aardvark DR+GPS dramatically improves the quality of service (QoS). Dead reckoning (DR) estimates position based on heading and distance travelled since the last known position. The more accurate the speed, time and heading inputs, the more accurate the dead reckoning. This is where GPS helps. GPS continuously calibrates the gyro and speed sensors to produce optimal dead reckoning. Aardvark DR+GPS has an on-board gyro sensor and accepts inputs from an odometer pulse and a forward/ reverse indicator. Its sophisticated DR+GPS algorithm auto-calibrates these sensors and optimally blends the sensor inputs and GPS to produce accurate position and velocity outputs in the most hostile GPS environments.
- Instantaneous and accurate positions in deep urban canyons and dense forests.
- Continuous position outputs in tunnels, parking garages and on lower bridge decks.
- Reliable positioning for tracking high-value assets and for mapping RF field strength.
- Improves QoS and customer satisfaction and retention to maximize service revenue.
A3000 - AARDVARK IN A BOX
The A3000 is an Aardvark A1919 mounted on a carrier board, enclosed in a Trimble TM3000-style case. The A3000 is designed to run from a dirty power supply like a car and works with an external GPS antenna. The only additional accessories needed are a 3.0V GPS antenna (SMA connector) and cable.
Refer to the A3000 product page for further details.
AARDVARK DR+GPS STARTER KIT
A starter kit is available for the Aardvark and includes:
- 1x - A3000 unit (see above paragraph)
- 3x - Aardvark modules
- 1x - MINIATURE ANTENNA, 3V 5M SMA
- 1x – interface Cable (cigarette lighter and serial port connector)
- 1x – Reference Manual