- 1*HDMI, 2*USB, RS485, Redundant Power 9-30VDC
- Ethernet service port RJ45
- 3* Ethernet SFP ports (port 4 no function)
- External PPS source connector
Configuration and Use
- Web Manager (user and admin profiles supported)
- Multiple configuration profiles can be saved, selected and downloaded
- Detailed configuration manual available on request, NDA may be required
- Device CPU usage, RAM usage and chipset temperature can be monitored
- Status for Copper/Fibre SFP can be viewed remotely
- Logs can be viewed and downloaded remotely
- Unicast traffic, Multicast traffic, Broadcast traffic types supported
- Continuous or Trigger recording modes
- Configurable filters, Layer 2, Layer 3 and Custom
- Dimensions: 175mm (D) x 105mm (W) x 75mm (H), excludes DIN-rail mounting bracket
- Can be mounted horizontally or vertically on DIN-Rail
- Weight ~1kg
- Power input: 9-30VDC, 2pin terminal block, ~8.5W power consumption*
- Parallel power input for redundancy supported
- Resettable fuse for overload protection
- Operating temp rating -40C to +70C
- Humidity 5-95% non-condensing
- Protection class IP20
- OEM / Branding options available - please contact Recab UK to discuss further
*AC-DC external PSU available please contact us for details.
Relyum TSN Network Recorder with TAP
Multiport TSN development kits and IP Cores
Convergence to Ethernet networks is becoming a reality at all levels and across all markets.
In critical applications for sectors like automotive, aerospace, railway, industrial automation, defence, this Ethernet convergence must go hand-in-hand with determinism; for avoiding critical traffic to be affected by non-critical traffic. Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) offers a comprehensive solution for covering these demands.
However, due to the complexity of TSN networks, it is essential to be able to analyse the network communications at frame level for protocol validation, performance analysis, conformance testing and forensic purposes. Furthermore, the validity of this analysis will be constrained by the capability of the infrastructure to correlate the frames with a common time reference.
For that purpose, Relyum by SoC-e have developed RELY-TSN-REC, a device that is able to inspect, timestamp and record regular Ethernet and Time-Sensitive Networking traffic, using the same IEEE 802.1AS timing reference as the other equipment in the network under analysis.
RELY-TSN-REC is a powerful network traffic recorder based on SoC-e RELYUM's flexible and open platform. This device can be synchronized using IEEE 802.1AS, through an external Master Clock connected to a dedicated port, and provides precise timestamps to captured traffic.
The device can be installed in Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) Ethernet networks and can be connected both in TAP mode or Port Mirroring mode. In both cases, it acts as a transparent device and doesn't affect the deterministic behaviour of the network.
Captured traffic is recorded into an internal industrial grade SSD disk. It can be accessed by, or downloaded on to, a remote computer, using the Web Manager tool included, without impacting the recording process.
To simplify the subsequent analysis of these data, RELY-TSN-REC can be configured with filtering policies that limit the traffic recorded, based on different parameters (IP address, Ethertype, content, etc.).