- Telemetry PCM, Serial and Discrete I/O PMC
- 5 MIL-STD-1553B Dual Redundant Channels
- IRIG 106 Standard PC, rate of up to 5MBps
- Up to 6 RS-422/485 or RS-232 Serial Sync/Async
- Up to 23 Differential RS-422 Discrete I/O
- 64MB SDRAM for Data Buffering
- Vibration and Shock Resistant
- Up to -55 to +85C operation
PROVIDES MULTIPLE AVIONICS STYLE COMMUNICATION PROTOCOLS (MILSTD-1553, ARINC-429 AND SERIAL I/O).
The M457 is a general-purpose communication PMC, supporting Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) telemetry, high-speed serial communication (Synchronous/Asynchronous) and discrete I/O.
The M457 I/O capabilities include one PCM engine, up to 6 high-speed serial channels and up to 16 discrete I/O channels.
The PCM engine is capable of telemetry data stream transmission in a predefined format. These transmission formats include NRZ, RNRZ, RZ, BI? and DM).
The M457 PMC serial channels are independent high-speed synchronous/asynchronous channels supporting bit rates of up to 10Mbps (2Mbps in ASYNC mode).
Data transferred over the PCI bus to/from the carrier board system memory is performed using high-performance DMA engines integrated into the PowerQuicc II controller.
The M457 PMC operates independently and requires only minimal intervention by the host, thus maximizing host performance.