5V OUTPUT, BUILT-IN 750MA-HR 8.4V NIMH BATTERY, -40 TO +85 OPERATION
The V5SC-SER-UPS is a smart 35 Watt DC to DC power supply with +5VDC output. It includes a flash-based microcontroller that supplies advanced power management, smart battery charger and an RS232 serial port. The V5SC is designed for low noise embedded computer systems, PC/104 size to fit in a PC/104 stack, has a wide input range of 6-40V (>6:1) and is ideal for battery or unregulated input applications.
- Log runtime hours / log excessive temperature operation or shock and vibration/ log input voltage conditions and transient occurrences/ log output voltage and loads
- Setup operating parameters such as maximum and minimum operating temperature
- ESN number to uniquely identify each unit
- Utilizes a multi-stage charging for both the built-in batteries and the external batteries
- Onboard power management function allows timed on/off control of the V5SC, notification of changes to main power and changes in the battery status
- A constant off-time current-mode architecture regulator provides excellent line and load transient response for the +5VDC output.
- Heavy duty transient suppression up to 6,000 volts
- Ripple reduced to below 20mV
- Built-in 750mA-Hr 8.4V NiMh battery that is re-charged by the V5SC battery charger; able to provide XX minutes of backup based on X amp draw
- State-of-the-art MOSFET based design provides outstanding line and load regulation with efficiencies up to 95 percent
- Supports external battery packs such as the BAT104-NiMh, or a non-PC/104 pack that is wired to the Battery Connector CN1.
- Provides up to four stages of battery charging and can charge Lead-Acid, NiCd, and NiMh batteries and is also SMBus level 3 compatible. Charge currents are up to 1.5A, and battery charging voltages from 9.5 to 19.5V.
- Specifically designed for vehicular applications and has heavy-duty transient suppressors (6000W) that clamp the input voltage to safe levels, while maintaining normal power supply operation.
- Low noise design makes the V5SC ideal for use aboard aircraft or military applications or wherever EMI or RFI must be minimized.
- Can be programmed to power off the outputs in 60 seconds, and then turn on again 12 hours later
- Can be configured to meet almost any power supply and battery charging need for embedded applications, whether that be a simple +5V application, or providing power for back lighted LCD panels, or a full NiMh UPS (un-interruptible power supply configuration).
- All generated voltages are provided to screw terminals. The RS232 serial port is provided on a 2x5 row pin header.
- High efficiency
- Extended temperature operation
- Rugged design
- Transient suppression
- Full UPS with smart charging
- PC/104 stackable