ThingMagic M1-Mini (HF)
Enabling HF/LF RFID Secure Access in a Compact, Embedded Module
The ThingMagic® M1-Mini Embedded HF RFID Reader for OEM designers is the world’s smallest, self-contained embedded HF RFID reader equipping any industrial or medical portable device capabilities to read and write to ISO 15693 tags.
The M1-Mini’s transponder reads at high-frequency, 13.56 MHz, with an effective range of 3.5–5.0 cm, and has the option of extending its read range by attaching to a 50-ohm external antenna.
Further, the module has a customizable power scheme to improve power efficiency in battery-operated devices, controlled by configuring the on-board power regulator between 3.2 V–6 V, and by using the Start-Up command and Sleep Mode, which sets current as low as 50 μA.
Three host interfaces are available for maximum flexibility: UART (TTL) adjustable baud rate of 4800–57600 bps, I2C ranged up to 400 kHz, and SPI ranged up to 3 MHz.
Features and Benefits
- Smallest embedded RFID reader available
- Designed for rapid and seamless integration
- Certifications include: FCC Modular (U.S.A), IC (Canada), and R&TTE (EU-RED)
- ISO 15693 air interface protocol support
- TagIQ™ recognizes the unique characteristics of each tag so that read/write performance is maximized
- Simple intuitive API with configurable power scheme
- On-board regulator and power management ideal for mobile and small devices
- Expanded range with attachable antenna
- Multiple interface options with software adjustable baud rates
- In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD): Automatically ID test kits, samples, reagents and other consumables
- Kiosks and vending machines
- Mobile devices including printers, handhelds and sensor networks